Gluten-free S’mores Pretzel Bars
You will love these decadent gluten-free S’mores Pretzel Bars using Gratify Gluten Free Cinnamon Baked Bites and Sea Salt Pretzel Sticks. The cinnamon cracker crust, smooth chocolate, crunchy pretzel sticks, and fluffy marshmallow topping will leave you reaching for seconds. With the combination of sweet and salty flavors, and pleasing textures, we wouldn’t be surprised if these were your new favorite dessert!
- 1 box Gratify Gluten Free Cinnamon Baked Bites (4.5 oz.)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup Gratify Gluten Free Sea Salt Pretzel Sticks, broken into thirds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
*Use dairy-free butter and dairy-free chocolate chips to make these bars dairy-free Method:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil using enough foil to cover all sides; set aside.
- Using a food processor or blender, crush the cinnamon baked bites into a fine crumbs.
- Add the cinnamon crumbs, melted butter, and sugar to a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture into the bottom of the foil lined pan. Using the back of a large spoon, or a piece of wax paper, press down on the mixture to compact it.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle pretzel pieces over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Top with mini marshmallows, spreading them evenly until the chocolate chips and pretzels are covered.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Using the back of a large oiled spoon, lightly press down on the melted marshmallows to help the warm chocolate chips spread and cover the crust and pretzels.
- Let cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pan to a cutting board and cut into 16 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
About the Author
Chrystal Carver, an avid baker and writer behind Gluten-Free Palate, developed this month’s featured Gratify recipe. Chrystal began developing gluten-free recipes in 2009 when both her daughters tested positive for Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance. She believes that baking gluten free should not require extravagant ingredients or complicated steps, and we agree! That’s why her recipes use only one or two bowls, require less than 30 minutes to prepare and less than one hour to bake. We love her motto, “Have fun and keep it simple!”